WHO WE ARE
The Newark Water Coalition started in December of 2018. We are now working to inform and educate the residents and other consumers about the dangers and ailments that are associated with the contaminants in the water.
The NWC is calling on our government stakeholders, healthcare providers, faith and community-based organizations to make this public health crisis a priority, allocate the adequate funding to fix our infrastructure, test our people and provide clean water for all!
Our main purpose is to educate the residents and mobilize them into organizing their communities to demand CLEAN WATER FOR NEWARK! Our government has failed us and it is up to the residents to hold them accountable!
Newark Water Coalition Demands:
1. Every residence needs to be provided with a point of entry filter until the pipes are replaced!
2. Blood testing for all residents in all wards!
3. A fully funded, comprehensive treatment plan available for residents with lead poisoning for a minimum of 10 years!
4. No one in Newark should have to pay a water utility bill until their home water lead level is reliable at zero for service and main lines!
5. Mandatory independent testing and monitoring in every household and apartments. Test the pipes in house, the supply to the house and the street pipe. This information will be delivered to the individuals, even renters.